Collage & Transfer Mixed Media Workshop
Create unique art that speaks for itself!
Learn the simple and fun techniques I use in
my exhibited art and adapt it to your exact style!
Recycle, collage, paint, transfer, create texture…
You’ll be surprised at how easy and satisfying this is 😉
What you will learn…
This is a HANDS ON workshop where you will not get bored!!
You will paint, glue, stencil, stamp, rub, spray and get your fingers covered with paint (no brushes allowed) 🙂
In this hands-on mixed media workshop you will learn how to:
- Create fun background papers using all kinds of (what I like to call) toys: stencils, stamps, ink, paint and more!
- Create a collage on canvas with your newly made background papers and other recycled papers
- Transfer words (or any image) from paper to canvas
- Bring it all together into a cohesive finished painting
I will teach you the techniques and style I have learnt and developed in my own creative journey.
I’d love to teach them to you so you can hopefully discover a new exciting path!!
Is this workshop for you?
If you are after structure, tradition and seriousness… Hem, no, sorry you will not like this!
But if you enjoy getting your hands covered in paint and breaking out of the mould…
If you want to let go of perfectionism and feel that freedom of making art like when you were a kid…
If you want to discover mixed media and maybe a new world of arty possibilities then…
YES! THIS IS FOR YOU 🙂
List of supplies
If mixed media is brand new to you, it may feel like a lot of items but know we are only using essential mixed media supplies that you will use again and again after this workshop 😉
I have my own mixed media art supply store/studio on the Central Coast so you can purchase everything needed in one place! Here is what to do:
- The blue links below will take you directly to the purchase page for each item I have available.
- In the NOTES section at checkout, write ‘please bring to the Toukley Art Society workshop 3rd June)
- Select ‘STORE PICKUP’ so there won’t be any shipping fee and so I know to bring your order with me 😉
Required supplies for this workshop:
- CANVAS: Small box canvas 20×20 cm (8x8in)
- PAPER: 3 to 5 sheets of thin white card stock (paper must be matt) – I use and recommend this one
- ACRYLIC PAINT: At least 6 different colours, bright and contrasting ie some purple/blue/green and red/pink/orange/yellow + white
Please avoid craft/opaque paints for better results – I use and recommend Liquitex Basics Acrylics for their pretty colour range, quality and transparency
- GOLD ACRYLIC PAINT (I recommend Liquitex Basics Metallics and Pebeo Studio Iridiscent Acrylics)
- STAMPS: A few stamps of your choice (I will bring some from my collection to try but I recommend bringing at least 3 different patterns you love)
- STENCILS: A few stencils of your choice (again, I will bring some from my collection to try but I recommend bringing at least 3 different patterns you love)
- INK PAD: Must be suitable for mixed media ie permanent/waterproof
(I use and recommend Tsukineko Stazon in a dark colour such as black, dark grey, dark purple or dark blue OR Ranger Archival ink if you prefer pretty colours)
- SPONGES: Makeup sponges
- GEL MEDIUM: I use and recommend Liquitex Gel medium (this is necessary to glue and seal your collages in mixed media and to be able to paint over)
- Baby wipes
- Small spray bottle
- Small hair dryer or craft heat tool
If you are unsure about anything or have any question at all, send me a message here 🙂