Friends, I feel all stuck and unmotivated!
Mixed media art… Mixed media art… – These words sound familiar and yet, very abstract at the same time…!
My house renovations are so distracting and time consuming, plus, not being in an environment that feels like my studio is unsettling 🙁
Well, these are the excuses I have been making for not being creative in my art journal for quite a while now but today, enough is enough and I say, it’s time to get back into it and create awesome mixed media art!!
Ooh the pressure! hahaha No. I don’t want to pressure myself as I will then feel even more stuck so can you guess what I did?
Yep, I did what I tell you to do when you feel stuck by ‘just starting’ the process (with no expectations) even if you don’t feel like it (and I didn’t. I can’t believe I just said that).
So… That means spreading paint around on my pages like I normally do and just see what happens next 😉
It works every time!
I didn’t have many supplies available (and not that much patience for things to dry as I set myself up outside when it was only about 10 degrees (50 Farenheit) but… I added a bit of this and a little bit of that and before I knew it, I had created a page spread I love!
Give it a go then show me your mixed media art!
I love what to see what you create from my tutorials/book/e-course so don’t feel shy, show me yours!!
Post a photo in the Facebook support group right here.
Love to you my Creative Friend,
Supplies used: (click on the blue links if you want to get the same ones!)
- Liquitex Basics Acrylic: Light Blue Permanent, Medium Magenta, Cobalt Blue Hue, Brilliant Purple, Cadmium Yellow Light Hue (why are the names so long? lol), Bright Aqua Green, Quinacridone Magenta (seriously?)
- Crafter’s Workshop stencil Chicken Wire
- Dina Wakley Stencil Jungle
- Tim Holtz Dot Fade stencil
- PortaCraft self adhesive stencil (no name!)
- Stazon inkpad Stone Gray
- Black Posca marker or Black Sharpie Marker
- Uni Posca Extra Fine Marker, Gold (PC1M.25)