[responsivevoice_button voice=”UK English Female” buttontext=”Listen to Post”]
Today I want to play with Distress Oxides!
Distress Oxides have been around for a while now and have been quite popular. So popular that a batch of whole new colours just got released at C.H.A. 2018!
You can buy them all from my shop here by the way 😉
I already had quite a few ink pads of my own (and there are many available out there) so I was reluctant to buy more…
But I had to satisfy my curiosity! I decided to buy just a few colours to play with (at first because now I have at least 15!) and just had some fun with them in an art journal page.
Oh boy do I love them now 🙂 The colours are just delicious and I LOOOOVE how they react with water, creating stunning watercolour effects.
And a quick wipe with a baby wipe (or just water) removes all the ink from your stencils and stamps. Yay to that.
Come play with me and find a little inspiration – hopefully!!
Oh and I added a little Stickles off camera for extra sparkle 😉
Watch the video tutorial below and make sure to leave me a comment at the bottom of this page as I always love to hear from you.
With love and sunshine,
List of art supplies used in this video
(Click on the blue links to purchase them from my store)
- Ranger Distress Oxides: Twisted Citron, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Peacock Feathers, Black Soot, Spiced Marmalade
- Carabelle Studio Circles Text Stamp
- Carabelle Studio Lines Pattern Mask
- Coffee Ring red rubber stamp (unknown)
- Carabelle Studio I Create So I Am Stamp Set
- Darkroom Door Circles Stencil small
- Liquitex Basics Acrylic: Light Blue Permanent, Brilliant Yellow Green, Cadmium Yellow Light Hue, Brilliant Purple, Titanium White
- Carabelle Studio Angel Stamp
- StencilGirl Deconstructed Chrysanthemum Stencil & Mask
- Liquitex Modeling Paste
- StencilGirl Peacock Feather Stencil
- StencilGirl Deconstructed Double Zinnia Mask & Stencil
- Jane Davenport Paint Over Pens 1
- Pebeo Studio Acrylic Iridescent Paint: Gold, Blue/Green, Green/Yellow
Want to learn mixed media with me?
I’d love to share what I know with you!! My free tutorials are not very detailed because they are more to show you my process while I’m creating in the studio.
But if you want super detailed instructions and to have some fun with me while learning, then please check out my online workshops and studio workshops right here!