Beginner mixed media tutorial
Remember the Midori-style journal Jane Davenport released a while back? Well mine isn’t finished yet so I thought I’d do a beginner mixed media tutorial in it for you!
It’s a slightly different size than most journals but it’s fun to switch things around.
If you have any Dylusions shimmer sprays then grab them because they will help us create a quick background and…
We won’t even need to do much else to it because it is already so pretty 🙂
If you don’t have any then use Dylusions Ink Sprays instead and just add some shine on top with metallic acrylic paints.
I am pretty sure this kind of journal is discontinued now but you could do this on any journal page (as long as you start with a white background to retain the purity of the colours).
You don’t need tons of layers to create a beautiful mixed media journal spread, and here is the proof!
Watch the video and leave me a comment to let me know if you enjoyed it, or got inspired!!
xx mimi bondi
List of supplies:
- Jane Davenport journal insert (discontinued)
- Dylusions Shimmer Sprays (London Blue, Pure Sunshine, Cut Grass, Fresh Lime)
- Doodle Bloom Stencil by the Crafter’s Workshop
- Crafter’s Workshop Stencil Coronet Wreath by Art by Marlene
- Liquitex Modeling Paste/Texture Paste
- Finnabair Silicone Brush 2in
- FW Acrylic Ink Pearlescent (Sun Up Blue)
- Sharpie Paint Marker White Medium Waterbased
- Liquitex Basics acrylic paint (Iridescent White)
- Pebeo Studio Acrylic Iridescent Paint (Green/Blue)
- Uni-Ball Signo Broad Gel Ink Pen White
How yummy is this this texture?!
Full spread with lots of shimmer (hard to capture on a photo!)