Simple Dylusions art journal covers tutorial
In this video I will show you how I decorate my Dylusions art journal covers, very easily!
It has been quite some time since I’ve published a Studio Time video! I know… I know… You are eager to get more and I wish I could produce more!
It’s just that the Mixed Media Store is keeping busy and there doesn’t seem to be enough time in life to do everything I’d like 😉
Back to the tutorial:
- I started by applying a nice coat of gesso all over and made sure it was thoroughly dry
- Of course my next step was finger painting hahaha You know it’s one of my favourite background techniques (maybe even the favourite of all favourites!) 😉
By the way, if you ever feel stuck and unsure of when to start in front of your blank page/cover/canvas then check out my Mixed Media Playground 1 E-Course: I show you all my favourite background techniques so you will always have ideas of how to create your first layer, and I take you through 5 full length tutorials… More info here.
- Once my covers were yes, covered (and dry), I picked a pretty stencil. I don’t remember which one this was and it doesn’t matter because you are going to pick one of yours anyway 😉
I chose this particular one because of all the openings and details.
- I pulled my gesso out again and applied it through the stencil, all over, to get a nice crisp white image.
- It turned out so pretty already I didn’t want to cover it up so I did a simple border with gold paint and just stamped the word ”ART” to finish it off.
- And to protect it for years to come I applied a nice layer of Liquitex Gloss Medium & Varnish. Easy, right?
I hope this has inspired you to decorate your own art journal covers too !
Don’t forget to sign up to my Sunshine Newsletter for more tutorials and fun stuff 😉
With love and sunshine,