My birthday is coming up in a few days so I’ve decided to celebrate with a new art journal page…
For you and me of course 🙂
Had no idea what to do when I started but things slowly seem to fall into place and I got in the groove…
I started by painting my background with acrylics then added some shine with pearlescent acrylic inks.
I stamped some gorgeous roses with a new stamp set I just purchased and proceeded to add some lovely colours to them.
Doodling with a white pen really brought them to life and I am so happy with my funky flowers, I think I’ll be re-using them!
A beautiful quote filled the main space without being overpowering…
And some birthday related stamped images (a bird, not really birthday but he fits right in anyway!), a delicious cupcake and a cheery banner added some fun finishes touches…
Happy birthday to me, and to you if applicable!
Did you enjoy this? Was this a good way to learn mixed media art?
Let me know what you think in the comments below!
– acrylic paint: Liquitex Basics in deep violet, medium magenta, brilliant yellow green, light blue permanent, brilliant purple + Reeves prussian blue hue, white
– ink pad: Brilliance Moonlight White
– FW pearlescent liquid acrylic ink by Daler Rowney in sundown magenta and hot cool yellow
– black Posca pen
– 3D rose stamp set by Viva Decor
– white Hybrid gel pen 1mm
– small stamps (banner, happy birthday and bird, unknown manufacturer)
Watch the process as I create happiness in my art journal 😉
Want to know when the next video comes out?