Christmas is over and I bet there are wrapping paper scraps all over your house!
I hope you didn’t throw them all away!
Nah… I know you didn’t because just like me, you are creative and when you saw those pretty papers with colourful patterns and glitter, you just knew something could be done with them…
Well, I have one idea, and that is to use them in as the base of your background in your art journal! It doesn’t matter if none of the styles or colours match because you can pull everything together by choosing colours from each one. So, gather all your wrapping paper scraps and watch the video below to see what I do with mine – of course, I have plenty more scraps which I kept for later use 😉
Hopefully, you will get some inspiration to give it a go and if you do, make sure you share pictures with me in the private Facebook group here.
Supplies used: (click on blue links if you want to get the same art supplies!)
- Handcarved/handmade stamp (learn how to make your own handmade stamps here!!)
- Liquitex Basics paint Primary Red and Light Blue Permanent
- Amsterdam acrylic Olive Green Light
- Reeves acrylic Deep Turquoise
- Liquitex matte gel medium
- Tuskineko Stazon inkpad Stone Grey
- Tuskineko Brilliance inkpad Galaxy Gold
- Tuskineko Brilliance inkpad Moonlight White
- Tim Holtz Dot Fade stencil
- Kaisercraft Diamond stamp
- Kaisercraft Script stamp