Don’t Stop (but it’s ok to take a break)!
For those of you subscribed to my Sunshine Newsletter and who follow my blog, you may have noticed I have been a little quiet these last few weeks! I mentioned in one of my recent emails that I was giving myself permission to slow down a little…
I have been sending my newsletter every week for over a year (and not so frequently before that) and let me tell you, it can be a lot of work! And when you’re renovating a house and looking after a mixed media supplies shop… Well, the days seem very short haha 🙂
Anyway… Just to say that I am still alive but just slowing down a little to avoid burning out!
Now let’s get onto today’s mixed media art tag video:
A little collage and gelatos, and a little modeling paste…
- I first covered my shipping tag with several pieces of paper: the first one is from my Secret Stash book, then I added some scrapbooking paper and gift wrapping paper. I simply used a plastic card to glue and seal the papers with gel medium.
- Once everything was nicely covered, I added a little hot pink acrylic paint with my fingers then dry everything thoroughly.
- I cut out 2 pretty leaves (these are a printout from a painting I did a while back) and once again used gel medium and my plastic them to incorporate them to my tag.
- I added a soft black border using a black gel stick then…
- After many failed attempts which, for your sake, I cut out of the video… I used a pretty feather stencil and modelling paste (also called texture paste) to add texture and pop to my design.
- Once the modelling paste was dry (this takes a while!), I used a few gelatos to add soft colours to the textured feathers.
- And finally, to embellish and finish my mixed media tag nicely, I added a border of 3D dots with purple Liquid Pearls…
So easy and simple to do but so effective!
This collage and gelatos art tag was easy, right? I hope inspiration is finding its way to you right now 🙂
Watch the video tutorial below and let me know your thoughts on this with a comment below (scroll down to the bottom of the page) as I always love to hear from you!
With love and sunshine,
Art supplies used:
(click on blue links if you want to buy from my store and/or to get more info about each one)
- Shipping tag
- Secret Stash mixed media background book
- Liquitex mattt gel medium
- Liquitex Basics Acrylic Quinacridone Magenta
- Faber Castell gel sticks: Black and Dark Blue
- StencilGirl Peacock Feather stencil
- Liquitex Modelling Paste
- Faber Castell Gelatos Tropical Set: lime green and turquoise
- Liquid Pearls Hydrangea