A new art journal tutorial for you!
Sometimes, simple is best and the most simple fun, such as painting with your fingers and making flowers with your fingertips, feels just right!
When you feel like painting but aren’t sure what to paint or where to start, simply picking colours that have been hiding at the back of your desk or craft room and smearing them all over your art journal pages can spark up your creativity!
In this art journal tutorial, I show you how I created these pages: I didn’t know what to paint so I decided I would just use colours that had been sitting in my studio for years, barely touched. Instead of letting these tubes go to waste, I thought I would use them as my starting point for my background and see if anything would flow out of that… and it worked 🙂
Follow me along in this art journal tutorial and let me know if you enjoyed it with a comment below!
Of course you may not have the same supplies I used (and definitely not the same stamp as I hand carved it but you can learn how to make your own here) but it doesn’t matter, go along with it anyway and use what you have. Then feel feel free to post a photo in my Facebook group here.
Peace out my Creative Friend!!
Supplies used: (click on the blue link to get the same ones)
- Paint: Jo Sonja in Turners Yellow, Brilliant Magenta, Dioxyne Purple, Amethyst, Yellow Green, Colony Blue, Burnished Copper, Iridescent Blue
- Liquitex Basics paint Light Blue Violet
- Reeves Gold but I recommend Liquitex Basics Gold
- Hero Arts Painted Circle stamp
- Heidi Grace Daydream Believer stamp sheet
- White Sharpie oil and water based pens
- Handmade stamp: Learn how to carve your own stamps here!
- Tsukineko Stazon inkpad Royal Purple
- Tsukineko Stazon inkpad Brilliance Galaxy Gold
- Black Pilot Multiball pen