Love more ‘what’???
ART (you knew I’d say that first, right?!), YOURSELF, LIFE, YOUR KIDS, YOUR DOG…
Just pick one thing (at least)!
Yes, I’m feeling lovey-dovey today and this art journal spread was inspired by a piece of paper I tore of a sales leaflet with two powerful words: LOVE MORE. It doesn’t matter what you it is you love as long as you put out more love into the Universe 🙂
Let’s get started!
- I had some leftover yellow page on my background so I used that as a base… And pulled a fun stamp of textures!
- I stamped all over my page with purple ink, then turquoise, then blue. Just to add to start building some texture, you know?
- Then came out the paints (in sky blue, magenta and coral) and the fingers for some finger painting 🙂
- When that was nice and dry, I pulled out another stamp from the same set and some white inks, this time for some vertical texture.
- Next a ‘splotchy’ stamp (again from the same set) added a nice circular contrast to the linear marks I had just done but… That didn’t stop me from adding more linear marks in purple right on top 😉
- I then added some Tim Holtz tissue paper with gel medium for more interest and some deli paper pieces I had painted earlier.
- A couple of Carabelle Studio stamps helped me build on my layers… And when I felt it was enough, I glued my two important words: LOVE MORE.
- I felt a stamped dragonfly and a few flowers were enough to make my page feel complete and I didn’t want it to look overdone so… I stopped!
Hope you are feeling inspired now!
Watch the video tutorial below and let me know your thoughts on this with a comment below (scroll down to the bottom of the page) as I always love to hear from you! And if you follow this tutorial make sure to post a photo of your journal page in the Facebook group so I can see it 😉
With love and sunshine,
Art supplies used:
(click on blue links if you want to buy or get more info on each mixed media product)
- Ranger archival ink in Cactus Flower (purple) and Garden Patina (turquoise)
- Brush Strokes Cling Stamp set by Prima Marketing
- Reeves acrylic paint in Sky Blue
- Liquitex Basics acrylic in Deep Violet
- Jo Sonja acrylic in Coral
- Tsukineko Memento Luxe white ink pad Wedding Dress
- Tim Holtz tissue/collage paper (not sure of the name)
- Painted deli paper
- Liquitex Gel Medium Matte
- Tsukineko StazOn Jet Black Ink Pad
- Carabelle Studio Punchanella Background Stamp
- Carabelle Studio Circles Text Stamp
- Dragonfly stamp (unknown) – try the Carabelle Studio Dragonflies Butterflies Stamp
- Small flower stamp (unknown) – try the MMS So Many Flowers Stamps
I love all the wonderful bright and happy colors! I ordered some new paints – all mine were heavy body. Once they arrive, I will start my new classes – and your books are on their way to my house as well. Thanks for sharing your art and your time! Kathy Bradley
Yippee! Yes I don’t use heavy body paints much myself, I prefer my Liquitex Basics which have some transparency to create layers and so easy to spread and blend 🙂 xx mimi
I did, in fact, order the Liquitex Basics and also some of the Pebeo iridescents as well. Getting itchy fingers to try it all out!
So happy to hear! I hope you will love them as much as I do 🙂
Thanks so much for the great video and instructions. Your project is amazing……….great colors and composition. Since I cannot draw worth a darn, I was so pleased to see that you used stamps in this project (which is what I do). Bravo, girl for another beautiful project!
I use stamps all the time too Sharon, they’re awesome and so much fun! Glad to hear you enjoyed my art journal spread, thank you so much for your lovely feedback 🙂 xx
I just finished my first on-line lesson. I loved every minute of it. If I get enough nerve, I’ll share a picture on facebook. It certainly didn’t turn out as I’d hoped, but it is a start. I did love getting my fingers all painty too! This is the first time, in a very long time, that something has inspired me to start new and fresh!
So happy to hear you are getting into mixed media full steam!! Don’t worry, it NEVER turns out as planned haha I’m so excited to hear you are feeling excited and inspired 🙂
Really loved this video! Beautiful colors! Hope you get your problems with you tube fixed!
Thank you so much Eleanor, I’m glad you stopped by 🙂