Love more ‘what’???
ART (you knew I’d say that first, right?!), YOURSELF, LIFE, YOUR KIDS, YOUR DOG…
Just pick one thing (at least)!
Yes, I’m feeling lovey-dovey today and this art journal spread was inspired by a piece of paper I tore of a sales leaflet with two powerful words: LOVE MORE. It doesn’t matter what you it is you love as long as you put out more love into the Universe 🙂
Let’s get started!
- I had some leftover yellow page on my background so I used that as a base… And pulled a fun stamp of textures!
- I stamped all over my page with purple ink, then turquoise, then blue. Just to add to start building some texture, you know?
- Then came out the paints (in sky blue, magenta and coral) and the fingers for some finger painting 🙂
- When that was nice and dry, I pulled out another stamp from the same set and some white inks, this time for some vertical texture.
- Next a ‘splotchy’ stamp (again from the same set) added a nice circular contrast to the linear marks I had just done but… That didn’t stop me from adding more linear marks in purple right on top 😉
- I then added some Tim Holtz tissue paper with gel medium for more interest and some deli paper pieces I had painted earlier.
- A couple of Carabelle Studio stamps helped me build on my layers… And when I felt it was enough, I glued my two important words: LOVE MORE.
- I felt a stamped dragonfly and a few flowers were enough to make my page feel complete and I didn’t want it to look overdone so… I stopped!
Hope you are feeling inspired now!
Watch the video tutorial below and let me know your thoughts on this with a comment below (scroll down to the bottom of the page) as I always love to hear from you! And if you follow this tutorial make sure to post a photo of your journal page in the Facebook group so I can see it 😉
With love and sunshine,
Art supplies used:
(click on blue links if you want to buy or get more info on each mixed media product)
- Ranger archival ink in Cactus Flower (purple) and Garden Patina (turquoise)
- Brush Strokes Cling Stamp set by Prima Marketing
- Reeves acrylic paint in Sky Blue
- Liquitex Basics acrylic in Deep Violet
- Jo Sonja acrylic in Coral
- Tsukineko Memento Luxe white ink pad Wedding Dress
- Tim Holtz tissue/collage paper (not sure of the name)
- Painted deli paper
- Liquitex Gel Medium Matte
- Tsukineko StazOn Jet Black Ink Pad
- Carabelle Studio Punchanella Background Stamp
- Carabelle Studio Circles Text Stamp
- Dragonfly stamp (unknown) – try the Carabelle Studio Dragonflies Butterflies Stamp
- Small flower stamp (unknown) – try the MMS So Many Flowers Stamps