This is the easiest foil technique ever!
I really love anything shiny! Over the years, you’ve seen me add metallic ink, metallic and iridescent paint and rainbow glitter to my art journal pages, right?
The truth is, I have been jealous of those gorgeous greeting cards with foil on them for a while now and that pushed me to experiment…
And finally, I have come up with the an simple, super easy foil technique that requires nothing but a foil sheet, woot woot!!!
This is all you need to do:
- Place your foil sheet (it HAS TO BE a rub-on foil sheet to work, I use Prima Marketing Rub-On Foil Sheets that you can buy here) over your mixed media project (greeting card, art tag, art journal page…)
- Hold it firmly with one hand and use the tip of your nail to rub the foil sheet down: create lines, squiggles, stars…
- Peel the sheet off and, voila! Even a penguin could do it, right? 🙂
- Now if you can get an embossing tool/stylus (or try an old BIC pen with no ink in it?), you can also trace through the openings of any stencil!
- Try also tracing around objects and keep experimenting to create something cool 🙂
I am so excited to have discovered how easy it can be to add foil to my mixed media art and I hope you will be too!
Watch the video tutorial below and let me know your thoughts on this with a comment below (scroll down to the bottom of the page) as I always love to hear from you!
With love and sunshine,