Follow Your Heart tutorial (on an art tag)!
Building on the fun and super easy foil technique I shared with you in my last video, watch my Follow Your Heart tutorial below and add a little foil to your art (you know you want to!!!) 🙂 How about starting on an art tag with leftover paint? It’s a great starting point…
And today I’m excited to play with some new stamps I got from Darkroom Door, don’t you love new toys?? 🙂
They are background stamps with really fun textures I know I will use everywhere as they go with pretty much anything 🙂 What I love also is that the designer clearly put some thought in the design by not creating hard edges around the textures, meaning you can stamp the full image and stamp without having lines around it. A small thing I know but that makes me happy 🙂
Ok let’s get on with it!
Follow my Follow Your Heart tutorial steps below!
- First I am using the triangles and white ink to add texture (it may disappear almost completely by the end of the project but it’s all about creating layers). I love how there is texture, within the texture, not just a flat design!
- Next I am adding foil the way I showed you in this earlier video… I wasn’t paying attention at first and used a regular foil sheet and that doesn’t really work lol So I paid more attention and picked up the ‘right’ foil sheet for this technique and added scribbly lines.
- I then added more texture with a ‘net’ stamp and black ink then added contrasting pink and yellow acrylic with my fingers.
- I pulled out my white ink again and a mosaic stencil… Ohhh I love this!!!
- A few more crosses with my easy foil technique with a pink then green foil sheet…
- Then I added a soft black border with a pastel, simply rubbing it with my finger (they are very smooth and so easy to blend!).
- I then added my sentiment ‘Follow Your Heart’ with white ink again and outline it with a white gel pen.
Did you enjoy this??? I hope you did 🙂
Watch the video tutorial below and let me know your thoughts with a comment below (scroll down to the bottom of the page) as I always love to hear from you! And make sure to post a photo of what you created after following this tutorial 😉
With love and sunshine,
Art supplies used:
(click on blue links if you want to buy the same ones)
- Shipping tag
- Darkroom Door Stamp Triangles
- Darkroom Door Stamp Criss Cross
- Darkroom Door Stamp Follow Your Heart
- Memento Luxe Inkpad Wedding Dress
- Deco Art Rub On foil sheet: Bora Bora and Something Berry
- Tim Holtz Mosaic Stencil
- Finger Dabber
- Liquitex Basics Medium Magenta and Cadmium Yellow Hue
- Pentel Oil Pastels
- Uni-Ball Signo Broad Gel Ink Pen White
Another gorgeous tag – and I really love the sparkle of the Prima metallic papers! Thanks for sharing your art and your time. Sending hugs, Kathy
Thank you Kathy! The foil is delicious indeed ☺️
Love all the layers on the tag……….great job. I really love those texture stamps but couldn’t find them on your site. Question……….do you ship to the U.S and how do I find out the prices in US dollars?
Thank you so much Sharon! I ship everywhere but the store site I Sony set up to calculate shipping for OZ so just email me what you’d like via the contact form, with your shipping address, and I’ll give you a quote in USD inc. postage 😊
Beautiful Mimi!! Thanks for posting .
You are welcome Angela, glad you enjoy my little art tag 🙂
Gorgeous! I love your techniques, supplies, and beautiful results. A new Mimi Bondi tutorial always brings sunshine to my day! Thank you for sharing your talent with us.
oh you are so sweet Heather, thank you so much 🙂