Christmas art journal pages that make me happy!
I have a favourite motto: “It’s never too late“!
I did this Christmas art journal spread just before Christmas and now, I wish you a Merry Christmas! lol
I had just received a brand new Carabelle Studio stamp called Circles and Dots and was just itching to play with it in my small art journal!
At first, I didn’t really have any specific plans (well I lied because I wanted to incorporate this stamp design into a Christmas theme but I wasn’t sure how things were going to pan out so I kept quiet hehe)…
But here is what I did:
- I painted the background with pretty colours (the paper is thick and didn’t need gesso although you can add some if you wish)
- Using a plastic card, I started creating lines with iridescent paint (see below for supplies). Before I knew it though, I was spreading the paint as well, creating shimmery and sexy grungy texture 🙂
- I loved the effect and my head was telling me to stop there as it looked so pretty!! But, I didn’t listen to it because I know that when I push myself a bit further, I always end up with even prettier pages so…
- I pulled out my favourites stencils by Tim Holtz to add subtle texture with white paint and dark iridescent paint, and then…
- It was finally time to use my gorgeous new stamp! I used it on both sides of my journal with dark purple ink and it looked A-MA-ZING!!
- Using a little iridescent paint, I did a subtle highlighting around my stamped areas and then painted some of the circles in gold
- I added some banners which I painted with 2 shades of blue before writing the 2 most important words at this time of the year: MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Hope you enjoyed my Christmas art journal pages and that you will feel inspired to create pages of your own from it! Please post a photo in the Facebook support group here so I can see it 🙂
Love to you my Creative Friend,
Art supplies used:
(click on blue links to get them)
- Liquitex Basics acrylic paint in Cobalt Blue Hue, Primary Red, Primary Yellow, Bright Aqua Green
- Pebeo Studio Iridescent Paint in Iridescent Green Yellow, Iridescent Blue Green, Iridescent Gold, Iridescent Blue Black
- Carabelle Studio Stamp Circles and Dots
- Tim Holtz Stencil Bubble
- Tim Holtz Stencil Dot Fade
- Stazon inkpad Royal Purple
- MMS Banner Stamp
- White Sharpie Marker
Très joli !
Merci ma p’tite dame! 🙂
Love this one!
Thank you Jane!! xx